Monday, October 6, 2008

False teachers...

One of my favorite past times is to watch the false teachers on the Christian TV stations and dissect their teachings and understand where they are going wrong. I know it's not the most positive of hobbies, but it's something that I find depressing yet fascinating all at the same time. Tonight I saw this guy on tv and the entire time, all he talked about was money and planting a "$1,000 seed" and how much God has blessed him and it was seriously 30 minutes of him talking about himself and how much money he had and how if people didn't give money to his ministry they were allowing Satan to have control of that part of their lives. I couldn't believe it! He then went on to say that not only did God want to give you financial blessings, but that you were to be healthy. Now, I've always heard about how teachers as part of the Faith Movement say that God wants you to be "healthy, wealthy, and wise" but I've never heard anyone blatantly come out in his teaching and cover all those things. The whole time he had his fancy little alligator skin Bible in his hands but never once did he open it and never once did he quote a scripture in its correct context. It breaks my heart to think that there are people who listen to him and feel that this is what God wants from them. They're truly being led astray. This life isn't about us, it's about Him and His glory. I just pray that those who hear these teachings and think they are truth would have their eyes opened and that those who teach this bad doctrine will repent and know the real God. There is so much more I could say with this little rant, but I guess I'll stop here.

1 comment:

kathi said...

I will pray with you on that also. The bible says in the final days there will be those who will want their ears tickled............so we need to pray taht they want to hear the truth, and receive the truth.