Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Being pruned

So this past week has been a roller coaster of emotions where God has been teaching me lesson after lesson, it's been amazing having my eyes opened to new things, but it's also been incredibly hard. I was reading this morning in John 15:2 about how as we are to be the branch and if we are bearing fruit, the Father as the vine dresser, will prune us in order to produce more fruit. That is honestly what I feel like right now. I feel like many of my friendships have changed and people who I was once very close to have drifted away and there's nothing I can do to help it. God really is showing me that He is to be that "best" friend. The one I run to in times of struggle and the one I share my deepest fears and thoughts to, He is the one I am to trust in for that companionship and comfort. He will ALWAYS be there for me and I need to stop putting all my expectations on my other friends and truly just look to Him.

No comments: